low end poker games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• low end poker games

Played a bit of poker two days at Tampa Hard Rock. The $100 max buy in 1/2 no limit was easy enough, even for this frugal guy who plays mostly low limit. I lost money both times, but mostly because I did not get cards. I'll go again next Wednesday. I went up on the Springhill Bobby's bus for just $15 with $25 freeplay and $5 food.
    When I had almost $200 I was high chipped guy at the table.
    Replenishing the $100 kept me in good striking distance for most of the pots.
    That fits my bankroll.
    The loose nature of the game as well as the small chip stacks also cut into the bluffing and I like that. I don't like being bullied. I played very tight and only twice did guys try to bet me off a pot, and then with small bets. One young, aggressive fellow came in with a string of straddles to build pots, but he ran out of his money and left. The rest of the game fit my budget.
    Meanwhile I see that the Eastside Cannery in Vegas has a .50/$1 game on weekends at 9PM. That is the ultimate in low level NL poker. They have one at the Tampa Downs.
    I'm off to Vegas in May for 15 nights. Most of them I booked at Sam's Town for $10 plus $4.50 in resort fee. I caught the deal in what might have been a computer snafu that went away a few hours later. I booked nine nights. I have not stayed at Sam's in many years and never for quite that long without a car. Still, the deal brought my average hotel bill down to $22 a night taxes and fees included. That is about the best I ever do over two weekends.

The Eastside will be in walking distance. I'll try the .50/1 game.
Working...
X