Clarion in Las Vegas to close

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarion in Las Vegas to close

In April when I went to redeem the ACG free drink coupons I noticed the place was just about empty. Looks like they will
    be closing Labor Day weekend

Clarion, the former Debbie Reynolds hotel, to close Labor Day Weekend - Las Vegas Sun News

Re: Clarion in Las Vegas to close

Thanks, Westie. It is hard for me to keep seeing the cheap, frugal joints (with
    ACG coupons) closing and more pricey, upscale places opening. But it was always under attended. I thought the Shades of Sinatra show was one of the best of its kind.

Comment

Originally posted by dewey089 View Post
      Thanks, Westie. It is hard for me to keep seeing the cheap, frugal joints (with
      ACG coupons) closing and more pricey, upscale places opening. But it was always under attended. I thought the Shades of Sinatra show was one of the best of its kind.
      I never stayed at this hotel but every other Clarion I have ever stayed at was consistently terrible. I think it is the brand that Choice Hotels gives to its very old, non-upgraded, and otherwise underperforming hotels.

Comment

I never stayed there, but I had them give me a tour of the rooms once and I always consulted it as a backup.
        I have not seen another presentation of old time music that I liked better than Shades of Sinatra.
        I loved being in the bar of the Clarion. It was so downscale homey.

Here is my May 2013 experience there:

http://vegasbirthdaybash.blogspot.co...f-sinatra.html
        Last edited by dewey089; 09-01-2014, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X