coming changes is bus schedules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coming changes is bus schedules

This is a good site to easily see the changes on particular routes starting Oct 26.

Most of the changes seem pretty good to me. Nothing seems to limit tourist use of the buses and a few things expand it a bit.
    October 26, 2014 Service Change

Re: coming changes is bus schedules

Thought I would add my experience of 17 bus trips asked to show or check reduced pass 3 times during October trip.
    Last edited by keno60; 10-19-2014, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Nice. And helpful as always. I just keep it out most of the time, so I don't test the asking system. I hope to be there Tuesday. All systems are go. I'll use your hint of getting the all access senior pass down the street from the Orleans this time as that is where I'll be starting.

Comment

Thanks Keno--and Dewey--our senior ID expires in May. If we go after that, I figured they would never attend to the date--we also have a Medicare card--until we get a chance to go to Bonneville and get it renewed. Love using the bus, and your information is greatly appreciate.

Comment

I checked the schedule's. Did you notice any changes for the 202? I know you use that a lot.

Comment

We love the 202 and really feel comfortable riding it. We often stay at Sam's and ride the 109 to Flamingo and catch the 202 there from the airport. From Sam's we always ride the 202 to Gold Coast/Palms and then catch the shuttle to Orleans, then their shuttle to Bally's; then walk to Ellis Island, then catch the 202 back to Sam's--a full day excursion! Usually we move from Sam's to DT (via the Sam's shuttle) for a few nights, then catch the WAX to the airport.

Last month however, we spent four nights in Reno and then only four nights in LV, all at Sam's. So, for the first time, we rode the 202 down Flamingo and caught the 109 back to the airport. Went very smoothly and we will use that again next time we head home from Sam's. Not as easy as the WAX, but still not a problem.

Again, thanks to all for the updates and information.
            Last edited by ddechenne; 10-20-2014, 02:53 PM.

Comment

I have gone home via the 202, but generally I get off at Silver Sevens, have a bit of buffet, and then take the 108 into the airport.
              I like the 202 because it goes all the way to Eastside Cannery and I can usually score a free or cheap meal there.

Sunday, October 26th I'll be at Planet Hollywood on a coupon my kid gave me. I hate those overpriced buffet lunches and I like the Toast of the Town at Sam's, so I'll probably head out on the 202 go up to Eastside Cannery to redeem my freebies from the site (within 7 days of printing) and use the coupon earned for a midday meal of some sort, walk down to Sam's in time for the Toast of the Town and perhaps a bit of 2-6 spread limit or full pay nickel Deuces. The 202 will take me back but so will the Sam's Shuttle and it is a bit faster.
              Perhaps I'll want to go to Harrah's and from there walk to Venetian for some 4-8 limit in the evening.

However, I'm tempted by the Jazz Picnic in Winchester Park from 1:30 to 5:30 because it would be a new bus adventure. It is about an hour from Eastside Cannery using the Boulder Highway Express to the 203 at Desert Inn. That would mean no Toast of the Town.

And that is the problem once you get the buses down. There are so many choices.

I stay at PH on Monday the 27th too, so late that night if I am not too tired, I'll take the 202 up to Eastside for the Latin music in the lounge there, the best Latin show I've seen. Then I'll head back on the 202 after midnight and perhaps take advantage of the new bus added to that line in early morning. I'll have to see what the new schedules look like. They start on October 26th.

Comment

October trip took Silver 7's shuttle stayed one night with points. Of course I got 3 different answers on points. Took the 202 to the Gold C. for 2 nights then shuttle over to Orleans played a little then took the 109 to the Trop and Strip and trammed over to the Luxor for a My Vegas 1 night and buffet in the morning. The next day on the way to the WAX on the ped. bridge I gave a cannolli to the beggar there, he didnot know what it was, but he liked it. I can't resist those cannolli's at Carlos in the Venetian. Took the WAX downtown for 3 nights at the 4 Queens and 2 nights at the California and of course the WAX to the airport.

Comment

I did catch the BHX on Fremont to Maryland PKway on my way to the Busy Bee laundry. It was one stop This was nice since I was carrying 2 laundry bags that are provided in the hotels. I walked the entire way back but stop to check out new stores at the Container Park.

Comment

Working...
                  X