Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One October night at Mandalay Bay via MyVegas

MANDALAY BAY

The difference in this room from the room at Monte Carlo was dramatic. This has a huge bathroom with a separate tub and shower and door for the toilet. The table for the computer is kidney shaped and spacious.
    Plugs are convenient. By the bed the four socket plug is waist high so there is no fishing around wires to connect my sleep apnea machine.
    The room was huge, spotless, and very comfortable.
    I made very good use of it.
    Especially the inviting bathtub
    (click to enlarge)

MANDALAY BAY BATH BEST ONE copy.jpg

BUFFET

The buffet was fine. The beef was a bit tough. I think there was garlic in the au jus. Mixed veggies and the Brussels sprouts were fine. I like cabbage cooked more than is the standard, but still it made a tasty dish with Parmesan sprinkled.

The cordon Bleu chicken was best with ranchero sauce and a bit of cut Mexican roasted pepper. I should never take two roasted jalapeno peppers. I was in hiccups after only one.

My favorite was the seafood chopino, a fine chowder full of mussels and crab and shrimp and mushrooms and all sorts of good tastes.
    For dessert I made a bowl of large black raspberries, a few strawberries, some chopped pecans and just a taste of yogurt. There were also whole fruits so I used a banana. And there was some sugar free cheese cake.
    POOL
    The wave pool was disappointing. It was fine and fun, but no match for any real beach. The lazy river was great, but more populated than the Monte Carlo at least in the afternoon which meant being rushed through more delightful bikinis, but also meant finding my way between the slower moving tubes.
    I spent an hour to an hour and a half in the river each day, and it is the finest exercise I ever had. Swimming in this uses many more muscles than just swimming. It is fine exercise and not as dull as just breast stroking around in circles at the pool.
    POKER
    I was so exhausted with my day that I went to bed at 5 PM and woke up at 11PM to play some good late night poker and play it the way I like, fresh, while my opponents are a bit into cups and exhaustion.
    I had to wait a long while for a 3-6 limit seat at around midnight. I played an hour of no limit, but I did not like it much and it cost me $30.
    At the limit I found some really poor players and had good cards, so I cleaned up with a $129 profit.
    OLD CAR
    At the Burlesque and Bourbon I saw an old 1923 Ford that was used to transport musicians and special people, I think in Atlantic City. It was quite a machine. They claimed it really put cars on the roads.
    PENS
    Mandalay Bay has very classy looking pens, silver like a stainless steel pen. They were not well made, but they sure looked classy.
    Last edited by dewey089; 12-01-2014, 07:25 AM.
Working...
X