No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey to Headline at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace Beginning 5/6/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mariah Carey to Headline at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace Beginning 5/6/15

LAS VEGAS, NV (Jan. 15, 2015) – Mariah Carey, the iconic chanteuse and best-selling female artist of all time with over 200 million records sold, is coming to Las Vegas with a headlining residency at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace. For the first time ever, she will perform all 18 of her timeless and beloved Number One Hits together in one concert. Designed exclusively for The Colosseum, the production will also feature fan-favorite album cuts, never-before-performed selections and many more musical surprises.

Mariah announced the exciting news today on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, where she surprised the entire studio audience with tickets to her Las Vegas show and a hotel stay at Caesars Palace.

“I have so many ideas for the show that I’m currently working on and am excited to perform all of my #1 singles together for the first time and others that are very close to my heart,” said Mariah. “My songs are the soundtrack of my life and I can’t wait to share them with my fans on stage!”

“Vision of Love,” “Hero,” “Fantasy,” “We Belong Together” and “Touch My Body” to name a few, are among Mariah’s 18 songs to reach #1 on the Billboard Hot 100, a feat that has not been achieved by any other solo artist in music history.

In celebration of Mariah’s groundbreaking record, and in tandem with the concert series, Mariah is working on a new edition of her worldwide best-selling album “#1’s.” Set to include all 18 of her number one hits, along with newly recorded music, the album will be released later this year.

“Revisiting these songs for the show, working on the updated compilation and creating new music has really let me reconnect with my songs and I hope my fans will enjoy the experience,” said Mariah.

“As a consummate songwriter, producer and internationally-renowned performer with a remarkable string of number one hits, Mariah brings a unique presence to Las Vegas that speaks to so many fans across the globe,” said John Nelson, Sr. Vice President of AEG Live, Las Vegas. “AEG Live and Caesars Palace are honored to be part of this collaboration and proudly welcome Mariah to her new residence at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace, home of the greatest entertainers in the world.”

“Over the past nearly 50 years, Caesars Palace has served as home to the most celebrated entertainers in history. With the addition of one of the world’s most iconic artists, Mariah Carey, The Colosseum now offers more variety than ever before with its lineup of resident headliners,” said Gary Selesner, Caesars Palace regional president. “We look forward to welcoming Mariah and continuing our rich tradition of shining the spotlight on world-class stars.”

Presented jointly by AEG Live and Caesars Palace, the residency will launch Wednesday, May 6, 2015. Tickets to the first 18 performances in 2015 are on-sale now:

May: 6, 9, 10, 13, 16, 17, 20, 23, 24
    July 8, 11, 12, 15, 18, 19, 22, 25, 26

Tickets may be purchased in person at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace Box Office, by calling 866-320-9763, or online at thecolosseum.com or axs.com. Orders are subject to additional service charges and fees. Ticket prices are $250/$175/$140/$95/$55 (prices include 10% Live Entertainment Tax). For groups of 10 or more, call 866-574-3851. All shows are scheduled for 8:00 p.m.

Mariah Carey is the best-selling female artist of all time with more than 200 million albums sold to date and 18 Billboard Hot 100 #1 singles (17 self-penned), more than any solo artist in history. Mariah is a singer/songwriter/producer recognized with multiple Grammy Awards, 21 American Music Awards, Billboard's “Artist of the Decade” Award, the World Music Award for “World's Best Selling Female Artist of the Millennium,” and BMI's “Icon Award” for her outstanding achievements in songwriting, to name a few – with her distinct five-octave vocal range, prolific songwriting, and producing talent, Mariah is truly the template of the modern pop performance.

Mariah Carey's ongoing impact transcends the music industry to leave an indelible imprint upon the world at large. Mariah Carey made her entrée into the world of independent film with her breakthrough performance for her role in “WiseGirls” starring alongside Academy Award winner Mira Sorvino and Melora Walters. In 2009, she was recognized with the Breakthrough Performance Award at the Palm Spring International Film Festival for her critically acclaimed role in Lee Daniel’s “Precious” and most recently appeared in his latest stellar ensemble piece “The Butler” (2013).

A Congressional Award recipient, Mariah has generously donated her time and energy to a range of philanthropic causes near to her heart including Save the Music, the Make-A-Wish Foundation, World Hunger Relief, and the Elton John AIDS Foundation, among many others. A tremendous supporter of children’s charities, both domestic and international, Mariah founded Camp Mariah in partnership with the Fresh Air Fund, a retreat for inner city children to explore career development. In May 2014, Mariah released her critically-acclaimed new album, “Me. I Am Mariah…the Elusive Chanteuse” (Def Jam Recordings). She most recently completed a hugely successful world tour, “The Elusive Chanteuse Show” and an unprecedented run of six sold out Christmas shows at New York City’s Beacon Theater, “Mariah Carey Presents: All I Want For Christmas Is You. A Night of Joy and Festivity.”
Working...
X