My Vegas Palace Station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Vegas Palace Station

Anyone used the MyVegas points for a room at Palace Station?

I won't be doing this for a while, but I'd like to get an idea of how it works.
    I plan 5 nights at Palace Station, Wed-Sun in September, something I would buy in July.

I don't need to get them all on MyVegas points; however, it looks like I might be able to do that, using the free weekday and the 50% off weekend as I'd be both under the limit of 2 for every 24 hours and under the limit of 3 per person for any one reward.

I understand it would depend on the calendar of offerings. That is my first question. Is there a site with that calendar as there are for MGM bookings? Is there a good time to look for the fewest blackout days?

Has anyone booked the cheaper Courtyard rooms using MyVegas. That would mean that I would not have to move even if I had to buy a night or two based on the calendar?
    For those who have stayed in Tower or Courtyard, how much is lost by going on the cheap?

Is there a phone number where I might call and ask these questions as my planning gets closer to the time?

I actually intend to start seeding Palace Station with some dime play on video poker and some poker room play. That is easy on my bankroll and I might play enough to get some offers or move up to quarters if I get ahead. I'm also thinking long term. The rumor that the threshold for tax paperwork on royals may be reduced to $600 in the future pushes me off playing quarters.
    So, I don't need folks trying to dissuade me from this choice and offering other hotels. If I decide not to seed this trip, I'll grab some rooms at Eastside Cannery. I'm really hoping that others have used MyVegas points for Palace Station rooms and know the restrictions or lack of them. Thanks.

Re: My Vegas Palace Station

Just an update.

I called around and did get a great number for help here at 1-702-367-2411. That is where MyVegas is booked, not at the reservation desk. I also retrieved my Passport number from Player's Club with no difficulties. Start with 1-702-367-2411. Ignore the number on their website. That is someone in India who books many hotels.

Palace Station calendar just now ends June 30. The advise was to call again around Memorial Day and see where the calendar has gone then. This is good too, because by then I'll probably know if Orleans has two freebies for me or not and can try to book the entire 5 days. I also learned that since they have the Passport Card, they can check play and often there is some discount offered based even on small play. So, if I have to fill in days, I still can easily beat the Eastside Cannery prices. And all five days can be booked in a row as long as there is availability on the calendar. Thanks for the help.

Comment

I have stayed in both the courtyard a few years ago and the tower. The tower rooms are larger and unless they have redone or upgraded the courtyard they are not as good. However they are closer to a pool and jacuzzi and the small ex. room. To me the courtyard reminded me of the El/Super 8 rooms. Hope you are doing well Dewey. I stayed at the Palace in March but despite very healthy play they only offered me a discount, so my May/June trip does not include a stay at the Palace.

Comment

Thanks Keno. I'll keep all that in mind.

Comment

To add- my son who plays nickels and less than me use to get better comps on rooms for quite some time. Free rooms middle of week! So they are hard to figure? So You may pick up a good room comp. Good luck.

Comment

Sometimes you can't figure these places out. However, with all the Mlife hotel rewards drying up at MyVegas I'll use points for rooms from that promotion until those dry up as well. If they don't start sending me some mailings, I'll just use them as a place to go and not feel any pressure to play. I go too many days to play hard every day. At any rate, thanks again and I'll let you know how it works out.

Comment

Just one correction. The MyVegas booking number for Palace Station is 844-266-0048.

Comment

Working...
              X