Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vegas bus fares will change Aug 2

Regional Transportation Commission (RTC) | Resort Corridor Fare Adjustment

it is good news for seniors buying reduced all access passes. We will be able to ride 24 hours unlimited, including ACE and DEUCE for just $3.50. With the 3 day pass just fifty cents less, and elimination of the 5 day pass, this will be probably the best choice for seniors.

This is the first time that locals are given an advantage over tourists. Locals who purchase a 24 hour General Market pass will be able to ride the ACE and DEUCE for no extra money.

I guess tourists must either start with an all access pass or rebuy an ACE ticket of some sort if moving from local routes to the strip routes.

Re: Vegas bus fares will change Aug 2

That is good news. When i went to vegas it was like $7.00 for 24 hours and $15.00 for three days. Can't quite remember. I do remember that i needed to buy the three day pass and i save a few bucks that way.

Comment

The three day were always reduced for seniors. You do need a senior picture ID issued by the DTC in person for the 24 hour reduced price.
      The rest of the rate changes are upgrades so other than seniors or locals get no good news.

Comment

Add to that this information. If you purchase 5 day passes before August 2, they will continue to be good. They go away after August 2 when the 3 day pass rate is raised, so it is a good deal to get them now, which you can do through the mail if you are not a senior. Seniors cannot buy reduced rate passes through the mail.

Comment

More reason to take a cab when in Las Vegas. I do not have time to wait for a bus. My time in Vegas is far more valuable than saving a couple bucks.

Comment

define seniors 55 or 65

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Jammin View Post
              define seniors 55 or 65

thanks
              RTA definition of "Senior" is 60+, but like Dewey says, you have to get a seinor ID. We got ours at the DTC--it literally took about two minutes because they were not busy. Free and good for 5 years.

Comment

The DTC is now the only place you can get one. 60 as stated. Well worth the trouble of going in.

Comment

Working...
                X