Jacks or Better strategy Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacks or Better strategy Question

I have a Jacks or better practice software, and i´m a little confused because sometimes there is a K and 10 from the same symbol etc...and the software sometimes tell me that the right play is to take just the K and others to take both .....i don´t get it.

thanks.

Re: Jacks or Better strategy Question

doesn't sound right. what software?
    If you're going for the royal, always keep the suited AKQJ and 10.
    Last edited by Ben Jammin; 11-16-2010, 05:44 AM.

Comment

The choice of whether or not to keep both the King and the 10 is based on the composition of the other cards in the hand.

Sometimes the other cards will interfere with the ability for you to draw to a straight or a flush. In those instances those cards are called "penalty cards" and you would most likely just keep the King rather than both the King and the 10.

If the other cards in the hand don't interfere with your ability to draw to a straight or a flush then you would most likely keep both the king and the 10.

Comment

Thanks for the answer admin, i understand and i will try to figure if those cards don´t interfere for the straight or the Royal.

Ben, i don´t know the name of the software, but there are a lot of free video poker training programs or software on internet, just goggle it, you can download it for free...
        and what i was asking is because this software tells you if you are choosing the right cards or not to make a better play or hand (for the game jacks or betters).......and i was asking why the software sometimes when for example you have K (hearts) and a 10 (hearts).... and this program sometimes tells me to take just the K(hearts) ....and not the 10 (hearts) ......and sometimes tells me to take both K and 10. .....but i think i have to read more about "Penalty cards" like admin said.

thanks !

Comment

Working...
        X