Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

C'mon, are VP players really winning all the time ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C'mon, are VP players really winning all the time ?

One guy I used to know, he made profits on VP 14 of 16 VISITS of 2 weeks duration to vegas. I find that hard to believe since jean scott and bob dancer LOSE 2 of 3 times . Losng 2 of 3 was just posted a week ago by scott.

Has anyone had any good luck playing VP??

In 4 months, I'm OUT 2 grand playing 8/5 DDB--all we can play at MGM Detroit on quarters. I'm lucky if I come out ahead 20% of the time. Dancer/scott win 33% of the time. I'd be interested in hearing others' experinces.

Through the last 30 years I've played VP that is not considered full pay in states of MI, MS, NJ, IN, MO, Canada, & some others, but LOW PAY TABLES will not keepme away. If I'm at a destination, I'll play what they got and not just save money to make lv trips.
    The airfare to Vegas alone leaves us with $600 extra to play with.

In closing, anyone have good luck playing VP anywhere ??

Re: C'mon, are VP players really winning all the time ?

There are three things that men lie about:

(1) Their sexual prowess.

(2) Their gas mileage

(3) Their winnings at gambling especially VP.

Comment

Look, full-pay VP is very marginally a positive-expectation game---and it is harder and harder to find fulll-pay. So over a "long period" one would expect the math to work out. So if you are playing a 99% game, you should be near that after 100,000 hands or so. You are never going to get much ahead of that in the long run, and that can not translate into significant money. The advantage is that your money will last longer if you play these games over regular slots. So I am skeptical of anyone who "makes money" playing vp over the long-run--unless you catch a really good multiple points players' club or are lucky enough to hit more than predicted progressive Royals--which has to be very, very rare.

Comment

Look, full-pay VP may be--very marginally--a positive-expectation game---and it is harder and harder to find fulll-pay. So over a "long period" one would expect the math to work out. So if you are playing a 99% game, you should be near that after 100,000 hands or so. You are never going to get much ahead of that in the long run, and that can not translate into significant money. The advantage is that your money will last longer if you play these games over regular slots. So I am skeptical of anyone who "makes money" playing vp over the long-run--unless you catch a really good multiple points players' club or are lucky enough to hit more than predicted progressive Royals--which has to be very, very rare.

Comment

Originally posted by lee View Post
          One guy I used to know, he made profits on VP 14 of 16 VISITS of 2 weeks duration to vegas. I find that hard to believe since jean scott and bob dancer LOSE 2 of 3 times . Losng 2 of 3 was just posted a week ago by scott.

Has anyone had any good luck playing VP??

In 4 months, I'm OUT 2 grand playing 8/5 DDB--all we can play at MGM Detroit on quarters. I'm lucky if I come out ahead 20% of the time. Dancer/scott win 33% of the time. I'd be interested in hearing others' experinces.

Through the last 30 years I've played VP that is not considered full pay in states of MI, MS, NJ, IN, MO, Canada, & some others, but LOW PAY TABLES will not keepme away. If I'm at a destination, I'll play what they got and not just save money to make lv trips.
          The airfare to Vegas alone leaves us with $600 extra to play with.

In closing, anyone have good luck playing VP anywhere ??
          If you play a high volatility game like DDB you will have more losing sessions than playing a low volatility game liken 9/6 Jacks or Better.

When you win, you will probably have much higher wins because of the larger payouts. The problem is that you will get them infrequently.

So, if you want to have more winning sessions, you will need to start playing a lower volatility game.

Comment

Really enjoyed Punter’s comment! My husband and I really love VP - have been playing for about 11 years - we play together on one machine: I deal and draw and he holds the cards - it is our version of “going to the movies” - we look at it as entertainment (of course, at the movies, you don’t have the chance of possibly breaking even or walking away with more money than you started!) okay - back to your topic - when we play slots (which is not very often) whether we walk away with money or not, we do not feel like winners. . .with VP, because of the entertainment that we have together on one machine, whether we walk away with less money, even money or more money, we feel like winners every time!

Comment

I am ahead lifetime, about 7 years of serious play, not a lot, but that doesn't count my comps. After learning the hard way I always try to play, 9-6 JOB. I am mainly a quarter player, and not a bragger. I made a lot of ignorant mistakes at first and still make a few.
              But I spent time practicing and reading. I am still learning. Good luck to you all. Gotta Love Vegas!
              Last edited by keno60; 05-17-2011, 09:46 PM. Reason: misspell

Comment

Per Bob Dancer, HE only wins 1 out of 3 times.
                So, the casual couple hour player will hit it big, or go whimpering away after his session.

I play mgm Detroit--have LOST 12 visits in a row until today. Broke the streak of 12.

MAYBE, MAYBE, once on an LV trip did I actually win on VP after playing on 8 consecutive days.

By the by, Dancer claims a million in winnings one year---HIS WIFE won 600 grand , but he's taking the credit.

Comment

THE KEY TO WINNING IN VP IS TO CATCH A RF, IF NOT, KNOCK OFF
                  @4% OFF THE GRADED GAME--IF 9/6 JOB IS 99.whatever, YOU KNOCK
                  THAT OFF AND YOU'RE ONLY PLAYING A 95% GAME, IF YOU'RE FOLLOWING ME. HERE'S SOMEBODY'S TAKE ,WHO I FORGET, ELABORATED FOR THIS ARTICLE.
                  Video Poker Strategy
                  One important thing to keep in mind when you look at the total payback on these video poker machines is that those numbers always include a royal flush and the royal flush plays a very big factor in the total return. As a matter of fact, the royal flush is such a big factor on video poker machines that you are actually expected to lose until you get that royal flush. Yes, even by restricting your play to video poker machines with a more than 100% payback you are still expected to lose money until you hit a royal flush. Once you hit that royal flush it will bring your cash back up to that 100% level but until it happens you should be fully aware that you are statistically expected to lose money.
                  According to video poker expert Bob Dancer, "on a 25¢ 9/6 Jacks or Better machine you will lose at a rate of 2.5% while you are waiting for the royal to happen. Another way to look at this is quarter players who play 600 hands per hour can expect to lose about $18.75 per hour, on average, on any hour they do not hit a royal." You really have to keep in mind that there are no guarantees when you play video poker. Yes, you are expected to get a royal flush about once every 40,000 hands but there are no guarantees that it will happen and if you don't get that royal flush it could cost you dearly.

Comment

Working...
                  X