Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are the 10's and the CLUBS ???

OK. I play vp DB & DDB.

Why is it when I go 3 times a week to my local MGM that I ALWAYS MISS getting a 10 for a straight after pulling the J Q K A ???
    This happens when I'm dealt, 1, 2,3, even 4 "FACE" cards. I never draw the 10 & end up with a losing hand (Ace high or a pair).
    With a King high if the 10's not missing, then the 9 is.

I can't tell you how many TRIPS I've had--where there was NOT A CLUB.
    But, the first card to hit the board would be a club, still leaving me with TrIps.

I won't get into being dealt 2 red 7's and a dang Jack comes up on the draw's first 2 cards.
    Or when I'm holding 2 3 4 5, the Ace fills my straight 90 % of the time
    And I won't go into the LOWEST card filling my BOAT (Unless they're all face cards)
    90% of the time. Enough for today.
    Last edited by lee; 06-13-2011, 01:31 AM.

Re: Where are the 10's and the CLUBS ???

Wow - you do play a lot of VP if you can remember details like this! We wish we could play as much! We have the same gripe about holding 4 to a flush - on triple or ten play VP, you can’t imagine how many times we do not pull the flush (hence, it is our least favorite hand to hold and draw to - - -that and inside straights!) but anyhow- to your questions…we have no answers. By the way, when you said, “end up with a losing hand (Ace high or a pair)” did we misunderstand or do you feel that winning your bet back is a losing hand?

If you are really looking for answers, maybe you should contact the Wizard of Odds and he may be able to give you the math to answer the patterns that you see. Good luck!

Comment

Re: Where are the 10's and the CLUBS ???

(Ace high or a pair)

I should have specified a NON-PAYING PAIR (or 4 to a sraight, NO TEN !!

This has been going on for YEARS, in Vegas, Tunica, Southern Indiana, Detroit, you name it.

I can't help but see the 10 not hitting the board, or that I've got TRIPS of something witout having the CLUB suit. Maybe I play slower than some, 300-400 hands per hour, but I can see my discards & holds.

Did I mention when I get DEALT TRIPS, that the missing SUIT I needed for a quad is the 1st card to hit the board---80% of the time !!
      YOU WOULD THINK THAT ANY SUIT HAS A 25% CHANCE OF BEING DRAWN..BUT IN MY EXPERIENCE, 80% OF THE TIME IT'S THE SUIT I NEEDED FOR THE QUAD THAT HITS THE BOARD FIRST.

Next time you play, slow down a little & see if you get the same results as I do.

Not getting a CluB is so bad, that if I'm dealt a PAIR, with no club, I'm 99% sure I will not end up with a quad.

One guy said I was "selective thinking", but NO...I know what I'm dealt and I know what I draw.

Make it easy, next time you're playing VP & you're dealt 2 red cards, see how many times you get a quad versus if you're dealt a pair, with one being a club.

A month from now, you might say, I was right.

I know, I know--it's a RANDOM NUMBER GENERATOR--just not for me as far as CLUBS go.
      Last edited by lee; 06-17-2011, 02:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X