Bus passes now at Walgreen's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bus passes now at Walgreen's

No, I think you have to buy one at a time. Ask the bus driver, but I think it is activated as you buy it. And no, I believe that the vendors like Walgreen's and Albertson's only do 5 (soon 15) and 30 day passes.

Comment

thanks for the info. dewey. i spent some time with the new rtc guide this morning and its pretty disapointing. it looked like a reduced id might require a nevada license from now on. i will be trying to use the 24 hour pass on the strip some of the time, so i will give you a report on my experience. by the way having trouble with my capital tab. see what you think on that id situation.

Comment

There are a couple people going to make a face to face question time with the folks at the BTC and check all that out in October. If what you suspect is true, that is really bad news.
        My understanding from one phone call I made is that they will still issue the senior ID and even honor a bus senior ID from our local bus company to get the reduced residential rates.

It is when boarding the Deuce or SDX that the local ID is required. So those long term passes will only be good on residential buses, just as 24 hour residential passes have only been good on the residential routes.
        But I'm just guessing. I don't know.
        When folks call they get such contradictory and incomplete advice that it is impossible to nail down the truth in emails or on the phone.

We'll get a straight answer perhaps when the person asking is standing right there at the BTC and face to face with someone who is at least supposed to know how to advise them.

Then the practical question comes up as to whether any strip bus driver is actually ever going to ask for a local ID and what the penalty might be for not having it. No one wants to be fined, but if a discounted pass got by the Deuce driver on entering the bus and the only penalty was not being allowed to enter, for a time at least folks would be trying them and hoping not to be asked. I know folks who have done that with the 24 hour residential pass. I"ve also been on the Deuce in rush hours when folks were just told to get on quickly and not ticket was required to be shown. On the SDX an inspector may come. I know of people asked to leave the bus who had forgotten to validate their ticket before boarding. I won't give advice that encourages folks to break the rules, but there will be some who do that successfully.

Comment

I am going to try to board the Deuce with the residential 24 hour, because its ridiculous and bias. in june I could have cheated when I bought my reduced 5 day and got a reduced for my son but I didnot. i will let you know what happens. take care.

Comment

Interesting experiment. I suppose if there are a number of us doing that we'll see if they actually enforce the discriminating practice or not. Just be careful boarding the SDX, as tempting as that might seem, and getting put off the bus in the sketchy areas, especially late at night. At least on the Deuce, once you have boarded, you know you have a seat and a ride.
            Also, I still think it is not a good idea to advise others to do this. I do't recommend it to anyone. If someone gets fined, perhaps they will come back on you.
            Good luck.

Also, if I read you right, you were right not to buy a son who is over the age for reduced fare, a reduced 5 day pass. They do check for senior ID's. I have been asked and seen others asked and seen one person told to get off the bus and buy a full fare. Otherwise, every Vegas local would buy a senior reduced fare pass for every friend. So definitely don't bend that rule.
            Last edited by dewey089; 09-24-2012, 06:00 PM.

Comment

FYI- Most of you know to check Dewey's blog for the most accurate and up to date info. For newbies, I was asked for my reduced pass on the
              WAX and there were RTC officers at that downtown stop checking bus passes.

Comment

i achieved my goal of spending less on the buses, since they cut out the 5 day pass. a total of 3.50

Comment

i guess i should put the latest info. that i have on this thread. used 5 day pass with no problem. in addition, i purchased another one at the walgreens downtown. in the future it will probably be the 15 day pass.

Comment

The Walgreens downtown ran out of 5 day passes.

Comment

Thanks Keno.. Those really lasted a long while after the program was officially over.

Comment

Working...
                      X