Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Las Vegas Meet and Greet - Sunday, October 2, 2011 at Sam's Town at 2 p.m.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Las Vegas Meet and Greet - Sunday, October 2, 2011 at Sam's Town at 2 p.m.

So, if anyone going to the meetup wants a bit of premeet reading, check out this column of Growchowski in the newer roulette.
    Roulette Evolution a low-cost diversion - Post-Tribune

http://posttrib.suntimes.com/lifestyles/grochowski/index.html

The Answerman is one of the most common sense and eclectic writers about gambling. Each time I read one of his columns I find them so balanced. He reflects in an open minded way on advantage games and high house edge games equally, and always I find something new.

Which is not to detract from the attraction of Victor Nacht or Linda Boyd. I heard Nacht speak with Jean Scott at a Vegas library a few years ago and his reflections are insightful.

And Linda.....well......she is just a delight. Her video strategy cards are unique and especially helpful for beginners or those who want to speed up hands per hour because they simplify penalty card situations without losing any real EV. And she is very generous as well. The first time I encountered her on her board, I ended up with free rooms in Laughlin, the name of the only host who ever wanted my business, and I was a complete stranger to her.

Wish I could rebook my trip.
    Last edited by dewey089; 09-06-2011, 08:13 AM.

Comment

I have met Jean a few times when she gave me some (many) coupons for free food and drinks at the Silverton. We have also exchanged a few emails over the years. In fact, she was going to acknowledge my input in a new book she planned, but it got scrapped after the economic downturn. She is a knowledgeable, gracious and generous lady. I too wish I were going to be in Las Vegas for the meet and greet. There should be a good turnout for this event.

Comment

I am finally back home and I wanted to thank everyone for coming out to visit us for our Meet and Greet at Sam's Town.

We had about 45 people attend and it was nice to meet so many of you in person.

The only problem we encountered was that the fun book that was handed out was not was I expected.

Unfortunately, I didn't find out about this problem until one of the few remaining attendees brought it to my attention and by that time it was too late to resolve the problem.

So, I do apologize for that mix-up and on behalf of all the gaming writers, I thank you for attending the event.

Comment

My wife and i enjoyed meeting you & the other writers. Linda boyd looked great, even after losing her purse in baltimore

by you all stopping at each table, we were able to meet all the writers for a few minutes of 1-on-1.

I'm glad we took the time on that sunday afternoon to get to willy's cantina.

I'm sure all in attendance found the meet worthwhile.

Comment

It was fun

Comment

I am sorry I missed this. I was in town, but I had other responsibilities.

Comment

Hey Keno 60, this was last year.

Comment

Its looks like I was really late and missed it? Ha, Ha

Comment

Working...
                  X