Front-end loading slot machines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front-end loading slot machines?

Recently I saw a guy play the slots in a unique way. He would sit down at the $5 machines and put in $4,500 before hitting spin once.

Once this money was inserted it showed he had 900 credits. He would do maybe one or two spins at the max which was either 2,3,or 5 credits based on the machine.

Then he'd insert another $100, do a few more spins and so on. The machine could not 'hold' more than 1000 credits so often times when he hit something if the win would put his accumulated credits over 1000 the machine would automatically print out a ticket for just that win.

So if he had 900 credits in and put in another $100 now he has 920 credits. He spins and wins 100 credits or $500 and the machine prints a ticket since the extra 100 credits would have put the total over 1000 credits. This happened a lot which made me sort of watch how he played.

I thought it was odd that he kept putting money in while still having so many credits in the game. He wouldn't talk to anyone, and was quite rude to anyone who asked about how we was doing, how the machines were running, etc.

Over the course of several nights I saw no other players hit any significant jackpots on these games. This guy I only saw play for a few hours over 2 nights and he had a $7500 win and another for $22500.

I think his theory is that if you put a lot of cash in a machine and keep putting money in that you are more likely to get wins since the machine pays out a certain amount of what is put into it.

He was not wagering anymore than any other players around him. But he was making the machine flush with 'cash in' while he played. I read about the RNG and how the games work and that seems to indicate that this method would not have any effect.

But can it just be a coincidence that this one guy who played in a totally different way then everyone else also had completely different results than everyone else?

Has anyone heard of this approach and is there any validity to it?

Re: Front-end loading slot machines

That's really interesting. I've wondered why some machines won't let me put in 200.00.
    PJ

Comment

Re: Front-end loading slot machines

I AGREE BASED ON THE RNG CHIP'S RANDOMNESS,LOADING UP THE MACHINE SHOULD NOT MAKE A DIFFERENCE WHETHER BIG JACKPOTS ARE HIT OR NOT.

Comment

Working...
      X