Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resort fee update- Cosmopolitan

This note on the Travelocity web page:
    Starting Dec 3rd 2012 any guest arriving on or after January 1st, 2013 will be
    charged $25 resort fee per room, per night upon arrival at The Cosmopolitan.
    This resort fee will include the following amenities:
    Unlimited Wi-Fi , Local
    and long distance telephone calls (within the continental US), Fitness center
    access (for registered guests) and
    Tennis court access (based upon
    availability)

This is a sad evolution from just two years ago when the marketing strategy was that this practice would be avoided because it irritated the customers, as reported in this Vegas Sun article:

Aiming to avoid irritating guests, Cosmo won

Ironically, the rack rate for seniors renting Eastside Cannery rooms on most M-T-W is $29.99 ( that is the entire cost of the room) and that room rate now includes amenities like free wifi, a coin laundry and no resort fee.
    This still offers some hope that, at least in some venues,
    what we see in advertising is what we pay on the bottom line when booked.
    Let's hope the Downtown Grand
    avoids this incidious practice.

In other places soon the resort fee will
    be more than what the no resort free places charge for the room.
    Last edited by dewey089; 11-23-2012, 07:20 AM.

Re: Resort fee update- Cosmopolitan

I know this is off topic, but I wanted to ask you 1st before I put it out as a thread. Do you know the location of laundry places near downtown?
    And are they in a safe area. Thanks in advance.

Comment

I passed on while traveling on the BHX, but I don't know anything about it.
      I usually do my laundry a bit at a time in the room, but I have done laundry at the place on Arville between Flamingo and Tropicana. I also used the laudromats at the Super 8 on Koval and at the Tuscany when I stayed in those places. Next trip I'm going to book the Eastside Cannery and use their coin laundry. And none of these are near downtown.

Comment

Thanks Dewey. I may have to use that laundry on Arville before I move downtown, but I will only have finished 3 1/2 days out of the 9 1/2 days I will be in Vegas. I used it once before. BY THE WAY MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOURS.

Comment

Same to you Keno. Be sure that only your clothes get laundered and not your wallet. Vegas can take you "to the cleaners."
          Also, one thing I like about that laundry room is that they have a quarter Ms Pacman machine so you can be entertained while waiting.

Comment

Working...
          X