Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lola's Louisiana Kitchen My New Vegas Favorite

I'm telling you, "WOW"!
    This is without a doubt my favorite place to eat in Las Vegas. My girlfriend and I are planning a trip with our kids to Louisiana this summer and she saw this place on Diner's Drive In's & Dive's on the Food Network. She wanted me to get acquainted with the cuisine so we headed there straight from the airport. It's location is right off of 15 on W. Charleston Blvd. Serious Down Home Cooking! We split a roast beef Po-Boy (fully dressed), and a huge bowl of Gumbo. I'm telling you "WOW"! We returned 2 more times during our stay enjoying the Catfish Po-Poy, Red Beans and Rice, Jambalaya (my favorite) and was introduced to King Cake. A wonderful pastry with colorful icing,and I was told a small baby doll or toy buried somewhere within. The one to finds the toy would be blessed with Good Luck and had to buy the next King Cake. I can't wait to get back to Vegas to return for all the other dishes I wanted to try. Another customer was eating Shrimp and Grits. It looked amazing and will be the dish I try next. We also met the owner Beth (Lola) and she just made us feel so welcome. telling us of her dessert she came up with from figs from her family's orchard. Fig Delight is what she calls it, and it certainly is that. Homemade fig preserves in a light crust with butter pecan ice cream. We were both stuffed from the Jambalaya but couldn't stop eating this wonderful ending to our last lunch in Vegas.
    Lola’s – A Louisiana Kitchen.
    I'm telling you, "WOW" !!

Re: Lola's Louisiana Kitchen My New Vegas Favorite

My wife and I dined there for the first time last October and I agree with your recommendation. Here is my TR notes:

This restaurant is small, casual and very busy on the Tuesday evening of our visit. We chose this restaurant based on its proximity to the Smith Center where we would be seeing the Dr. John show later that evening - talk about synergy. We were fortunate to score an outside table overlooking Charleston Blvd on this comfortable evening. Even though it was busy, the wait staff took good care of us so we were out in a more than reasonable time. My wife ordered the shrimp etouffee which was tasty but a little thinner than she would have preferred. I chose a house specialty, bronzed catfish over Gouda grits served with an Andouille sausage and mushroom ragout. The fresh catfish were by far the best I have experienced as were the grits - a 5 Fork experience. ($41.44, 4.5 Forks)

Comment

Re: Lola's Louisiana Kitchen My New Vegas Favorite

I enjoyed this place as well. I went twice last trip, once alone and once to treat relatives. I've only eaten the catfish, but what a great feast.

Comment

Working...
      X