Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• walk from ellis island to terrible's then to hard rock

Hello,
    We are straying next month at the Marriott Grand Chateau, and want to walk to E.I. as well as Terrible's then to Hard Rock. Has anyone ever walk this route, and is either E. I. or Terrible's worth going to anymore ( for food or VP )? Hard Rock sounds good for the 7.77 steak and shrimp special. Any input on the 3 places would be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: walk from ellis island to terrible's then to hard rock

I'd suggest the walk in daylight rather than late night. That is safer.
    Ellis Island is worth the walk for the either the steak special (best deal in Vegas) or something using the ACG 2 for 1 coupon, say the prime rib. They still have 9/6 JOB, last seen close to the karaoke bar. Try not to go at a usual eating time as the lines get long.

Terribles is not so good for VP, but you do have some ACG matchplays to use and it is good for cheap food if you are not too fussy.

Hard Rock is good just to see the displays in the circle of guitars and outfits. Steve reports that with some play at 8/5 Bonus they were very generous with rooms and free play for his last trip.

The 202 bus is a way back from a walk one way and if your next trip is to Gold Coast and Palms that bus will get you through the strip and over to that area. I like making the walk one way and then taking the bus with idea of making the ride to that area.

There will be difference of opinion in regular visitors, but I like Flamingo and enjoy it all the way to Boulder, but not by walking.

Tuscany has some coupons, but seems the least interesting, but a 2 for 1 there at the Mexican will get a good meal.

Westin Causarina is also in that walk. There is a 2 for 1 for the Red Skelton show and they used to have really cheap gambling around 5 each weekday, fifty cent roulette and dollar craps. Check that out. Also see if they still offer win cards where you get $15 in chips for $10. That is a great deal and good to use in the cheap craps of happy hour.

Terribles VP is pretty much gone along with the really generous bling that they used to offer. No more free red hats just for visiting.

Comment

Thanks to Dewey......My wife is going to the Spa at the Westin, so I guess it's the E.I., then over to Tuscany, maybe to Terrible's (?) then back to the Westin to pick up wife. I read there is a shuttle from the strip ( MGM? ) that goes to the Hard Rock? Seems the HR is too far out of the way to walk otherwise. BTW, the Gold Coast has a shuttle from Bally's, which is also closeby. Thanks again.

Comment

The Hardrock Shuttle actually picks up and drops off at The Fashion Show Mall across from Wynn.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG1ED View Post
          Thanks to Dewey......My wife is going to the Spa at the Westin, so I guess it's the E.I., then over to Tuscany, maybe to Terrible's (?) then back to the Westin to pick up wife. I read there is a shuttle from the strip ( MGM? ) that goes to the Hard Rock? Seems the HR is too far out of the way to walk otherwise. BTW, the Gold Coast has a shuttle from Bally's, which is also closeby. Thanks again.
          There is a bus stop across the street from Terribles on Paradise that will take you to the Hard Rock but it does not run too often. There is always a
          pan handler between the gas station on the corner and the EL. I have taken that walk many times even at night, but it feels better in the day like Dewey said. It used to be worse when they were building the Platinum because vacants were always at the construction site. There is a bus stop right there on the corner that stops at the Tuscany and Terribles the 202. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
          X