Poker Megabeat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poker Megabeat

CET now has a Megabeat award for live poker. This works like a bad beat prize except that it is shared by everyone playing poker in participating CET rooms(Planet Hollywood, Harrah’s, The Quad, Flamingo, Bally’s, Caesars Palace and Rio.) When it is hit rather than being a huge reward to the player who loses a high hand. It starts at $200,000 when someone loses with 4 Aces or better and as the money prize goes up, the losing hands that qualify go down. Were it not hit for a very long while, it could be a million and a half shared for four deuces beat.
    So, wherever you might be sitting and playing live poker, you could get a share.
    I had four jacks beat by a straight flush a couple years ago at Imperial Plaza. Now, if the bonus was in the right place, I'd have gotten 20% of perhaps $500,000 or $100,000 for losing with that hand.
    The loser gets 20%. The winner gets 10% and the rest is shared.
    20% of a million and a half won't happen very often, but would be quite something for a loss with 4 Deuces.

All I got was $50 for a quad high hand.
    Of course, it will still be possible to lose with such a hand early in the progression and not get paid anything. That will still be frustrating.
    Last edited by dewey089; 03-15-2013, 02:05 AM.
Working...
X