Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jubilee! at Bally’s Las Vegas to Temporarily Close on January 30 and Reopen in March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jubilee! at Bally’s Las Vegas to Temporarily Close on January 30 and Reopen in March

LAS VEGAS (Jan. 3, 2014) – In order to start ushering the most iconic and longest-running show on the Las Vegas Strip into the contemporary age, the final performance of the original version of Jubilee! at Bally’s Las Vegas will be held on Thursday, Jan. 30. The show will reopen in March 2014 after undergoing a major transformation under the direction of Frank Gatson Jr., one of the world’s most celebrated creative directors and choreographers.

While the show is dark, Gatson will be working hand-in-hand with the cast and crew of Jubilee! to bring a bold, fresh new twist to the production while staying true to the spirit of the original show. While the best of the show’s main elements will be preserved as a nod to the past, including the signature costumes and a number of the most iconic sets, the choreography, staging and music will be refreshed for today’s audience.

One of Gatson’s first priorities will be to hold auditions across the country in order to find new singers and dancers to complement the show’s existing cast. Over the next several weeks, Gatson will hold auditions in New York City Jan. 5-7, Los Angeles Jan. 8 and 13, and Las Vegas Jan. 14.

“It has been amazing getting to know the cast and crew of Jubilee!, who night after night bring the idea of an amazing Vegas show to life for thousands around the world to see,” Gatson said. “I am excited to continue working with our existing cast and crew, as well as new singers and dancers I hope to find over the coming weeks, to modernize Donn Arden’s masterpiece.”

Gatson’s extensive background in the performing arts has led him to an impressive list of accomplishments working with top-notch celebrities and brands. With more than 30 years of experience under his belt, Gatson has provided direction for commercials for brands such as L’Oreal, American Express, Pepsi and Samsung, and has collaborated in several movies including “Living Out Loud,” the famous “Respect” number with Aretha Franklin in “Blues Brothers 2000” and characters in the Disney movie “Hercules.” Gatson has had the opportunity to choreograph and direct music videos, special appearances and tours for the world’s most celebrated artists, including Michael Jackson, J. Lo, Rihanna, Diana Ross, Vanessa William, En Vogue, Usher, Mariah Carey and The Band Perry. His dance routines have earned him a record six MTV Video Music Awards for Best Choreography, the most in the awards’ 30-year history.

Gatson’s professionalism, attention to detail and creative vision have been the keys to his success and are some of the many reasons why he has had a 15-year working relationship with R&B superstar, Beyoncé. Since the days of Destiny’s Child, Gatson has been by Beyoncé’s side, transforming her image and developing iconic moves like the hand gesture from “Single Ladies.” In 2012, Gatson was nominated for a Grammy for co-directing Beyoncé’s “I am… Tour,” which became the best-selling music DVD of 2010.

Jubilee! will perform at Bally’s Las Vegas with shows Sunday – Wednesday at 7 p.m. and 10 p.m., Thursday at 7 p.m. and Saturday at 10 p.m. through Jan. 30 Tickets range in price from $65 to $132.50 and can be purchased at any Las Vegas Caesars Entertainment Box Office or by calling (702) 777-2782 and (855) 234-7469.

Re: Jubilee! at Bally’s Las Vegas to Temporarily Close on January 30 and Reopen in Ma

I saw it a couple of year back and liked it. I hope it is successful.

Comment

Working...
    X