Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Four Queens Double Bonus VP gone

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    averill park NY
    Posts
    770

    Default Four Queens Double Bonus VP gone

    The best VP in the world, the Four Queens DB 10/7 with progressive near Magnolia's has been lowered to 9/6. Sad, sad news. I built my trips around that VP play.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Four Queens Double Bonus VP gone

    Quote Originally Posted by dewey089 View Post
    The best VP in the world, the Four Queens DB 10/7 with progressive near Magnolia's has been lowered to 9/6. Sad, sad news. I built my trips around that VP play.
    This is sad, that was a great game. But you can always count on things changing, usually for the worse. I will stop playing that game and move on to the next best one I can find.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    averill park NY
    Posts
    770

    Default Okay, False Alarm

    Friday at around midnight a maintenance man inadvertently changed the paytables.
    Saturday morning folks came, said,"WTF" and got it fixed.
    No worries.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Four Queens Double Bonus VP gone

    Wow, that's very disappointing! Their 10-7 Double Bonus was why I stayed at the Four Queens (and downtown). Even when I stayed on the strip (or off-strip), I always went downtown to the Four Queens to gamble. Hopefully it's temporary as they have a VP tournament scheduled for March 11-13. If it's not temporary, that week may be my last stay at the Four Queens and I'll have to find a new "home".

  5. #5

    Default Re: Four Queens Double Bonus VP gone

    Quote Originally Posted by jgxtrav1 View Post
    Wow, that's very disappointing! Their 10-7 Double Bonus was why I stayed at the Four Queens (and downtown). Even when I stayed on the strip (or off-strip), I always went downtown to the Four Queens to gamble. Hopefully it's temporary as they have a VP tournament scheduled for March 11-13. If it's not temporary, that week may be my last stay at the Four Queens and I'll have to find a new "home".
    Really glad to see (on the VMB/Vegas Message Board thread about this) that it was temporary (supposedly a "mistake") and has been changed back to 10/7! Cool! I still have a "home" at the Four Queens!

  6. #6

    Default Re: Okay, False Alarm

    Quote Originally Posted by dewey089 View Post
    Friday at around midnight a maintenance man inadvertently changed the paytables.
    Saturday morning folks came, said,"WTF" and got it fixed.
    No worries.
    This seems like an odd "mistake". I always thought there was more involved in changing pay tables to a progressive bank of games, that a maintenance man could'nt do it by accident. Was it hit that night? .

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    averill park NY
    Posts
    770

    Default Re: Four Queens Double Bonus VP gone

    All I know is what I heard.
    VPfree had its own snafu. They dropped the game with the first news of the downgrade. I let the 4Q know, and then VPFree added it back, but labeled it a 25 dollar game. So, I dropped them a note. They thanked me for pointing out the typo.
    So now it is there as it used to be, correctly listed as a quarter game.

    And I can once again plan my trips starting with weekend comps at the Four Queens.

    Now if the El Cortez would just tell me that they won't add a resort fee to my ACG coupon deal, I'd be back in my routine. They still have a few 10/7 coin droppers, but I won't play where I don't stay and that resort fee makes other places more attractive, especially since I can no longer spend the afternoon with Jackie splashing the pots.
    Last edited by dewey089; 02-26-2014 at 10:54 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    I have lived the last 25 years in south texas near the gulf
    Posts
    401
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Four Queens Double Bonus VP gone

    Did they also drop their nickel JOB and BP? I could not find it on the VP free? Its what my youngest son plays.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    averill park NY
    Posts
    770

    Default Re: Four Queens Double Bonus VP gone

    Not sure of that.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Four Queens Double Bonus VP gone

    Quote Originally Posted by keno60 View Post
    Did they also drop their nickel JOB and BP? I could not find it on the VP free? Its what my youngest son plays.
    Yes, the 5c 9/6 JoB and 8/5 BP on the eight uprights at the Four Queens near keno have been downgraded. I checked the paytables myself twice since they were downgraded over a week ago.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •