Towers Deli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Towers Deli

Has anybody eaten at the Towers Deli? How was it? And how did it compare to the Carnegie , Canters, and Greenbergs?

Re: Towers Deli

Originally posted by keno60 View Post
    Has anybody eaten at the Towers Deli? How was it? And how did it compare to the Carnegie , Canters, and Greenbergs?
    I can't answer your question because I've never been there. However I will take the opportunity to share my many deli experiences in Las Vegas. I've had very good experiences at Harrie's Bagelmania on Twain Ave east of the wynn, although the area is on the sketchy side. Weiss's in Henderson is also good.

If you are looking for matzo ball soup, both the Cafe Cortez and the Del Mar Deli at the South Point have some of the best matzo ball soup I've ever had, the latter serving in a paper cup. I think it may be the same recipe, not surprising considering they are/were owned by the same family. I ordered the corned beef sandwich at the Cortez but cancelled it when I saw what I feared was being sold as corned beef at another table. From afar it had all the je ne sais quoi of a package of carl buddig.

The Bagel Corner take-out cafe at the Suncoast is also very good, and their cheesecake is delicious and a bargain at $2.50 for a huge slice when I was there last summer.

I've heard good things about the Rampart's thursday night Deli buffet but have never tried it. Last time I checked, if you have at least 3 people a restaurant.com coupon is a good deal.

I found the food at Carnegie at the Mirage and Canters at the Wynn to be considerably inferior to their brethren in New York and Los Angeles, respectively, and lacking in atmosphere as well. This coming from someone who used to hang out at Canters in LA regularly when I lived there in the 90s. However it's been a while since I have been to . I only went to Greenberg's once about 15 years ago and the matzo ball soup was straight out of a can. (or jar?) Maybe it has improved since then.

That said, our esteemed publisher has the benefit of access to the best bagels I have ever tasted, at the Bagel Snack just across the street from Pompano Park. And I have tasted many many bagels all over the world.

Comment

Working...
    X