Reduced Pass- SST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reduced Pass- SST

I think what happened to me at 1st was that "wax"that I wanted to catch was a CX. Because it was early for the WAX schedule.

Comment

Well, that is really strange. The CX is not supposed to stop at all at Terminal 1. Folks who use it to access domestic flights are supposed to be dropped off at Terminal 3 and then take a free shuttle to terminal 1. However, I could see that perhaps someone perhaps talked the driver into just making a drop.

Comment

It did say WAX on the bus, but when I asked the drive he told me he would not be stopping at NYNY? The route he described to the best of my memory sounded like the CX route. I see what you mean about the CX only going to Terminal 3.

Comment

And it was not the 108 or the 109?

Comment

There was some speculation that the buses that come into the airport as WAX are relabeled and sent out as CX. Perhaps that is what you encountered.
            The best strategy is t board the WAX at Terminal only if it is going to Tropicana, not is is going to Terminal 3

Comment

Yes, that sound like the best way. Its too bad that would have given us another option to get downtown. This trip I am starting out at the 4 Queens, so I plan on using the WAX if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by dewey089 View Post
                There was some speculation that the buses that come into the airport as WAX are relabeled and sent out as CX. Perhaps that is what you encountered.

The best strategy is t board the WAX at Terminal only if it is going to Tropicana, not is is going to Terminal 3

This is a little off the topic and it may be worthless now but last October, I was able to secure a 5 day reduced pass at the Walgreens across the street from Sam's. I know you said you would be staying along the Boulder HW.

Comment

It is good to know. However, I rarely begin a trip out Boulder Highway. My next trip I'll end there. I'm actually expecting to grab a 30 day reduced fare pass at the Walgreen's on Tropicana and Decatur, walking over from the Orleans based on your last experience.
                  I usually start my trips downtown so I just get a pass at Walgreen's there.

I don't know of anyone who starts a trip up on Boulder without renting a car, but I'll keep the place in mind. Actually, were I to start up there, I'd be tempted to grab one from the 109 at the nearby Albertson's on Tropicana and then use it on Flamingo to complete my journey.

And I don't buy ahead because I never know what I'll want. Sometimes it is 15 and sometimes it is 30. Thanks.

Comment

Yes BOulder is off my radar because of the loss of points in that 6month period of time', and
                    The logistics. I have never stayed at Sam's despite bingo.

Comment

I had my reduced 15 day for this trip and already have my new one in my suitcase for my July trip. I was only ask once for my ID and it was on the 202 by same driver that had asked me in March. She said they are supposed to ask! I had no trouble using it on the strip buses.

Comment

Thanks for the continual updates, Keno. Very reassuring that things are not changing.
                        I don't know how often I'd be asked for the senior ID because I just flash it as I swipe my ticket. I hate fumbling around while in line.
                        Clearly from others reporting, other forms of ID will work. Medicare works. Bus ID's from hometown. And one rider reports just flashing a state driver's license ID.
                        I have seen riders asked on the SDX, but they looked younger. Folks who look younger may be asked more often by drivers as well. There are reasons why some young folks would qualify for a reduced fare. They would have an ID indicating that status.
                        Last edited by dewey089; 05-31-2014, 05:07 PM.

Comment

No problem Dewey. I appreciate all the help you have given over the years. I hope we can share a beer sometime. I get a lot out of your long trips in Vegas. Its funny some of the young people here say to me "you spent 7 days in Vegas!!!!!?? How can you do that"? I tell them I spent a morning going to do laundry, maybe a movie one afternoon and some exploring during the trip. So I always find inspiration in your trip. Take care

Comment

You might like my trip reports on Seneca Niagara and on Foxwood/Mohegan Sun. I posted them in the trip report section.

Comment

Working...
                            X