Reduced Pass- SST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reduced Pass- SST

My reduced pass didnot work in the machine at the SST. This took place on March 9. I also had assistance from a employee who knew her way around the bus station

Re: Reduced Pass- SST

Thanks for the heads up. Any reason why it would not work?

Comment

Then what did you do? Did you go back on the 109 to Flamingo and get one at Albertson's?
      I'm thinking that the safest strategy is to start a trip downtown where if Walgreen's runs out, theBTC is an easy ride. I guess these machines do malfunction at times. I remember a report that the machine giving strip passes was down at the Airport.
      Last edited by dewey089; 03-25-2014, 12:39 PM.

Comment

No.I ended up with some good fortune and some bad. The nice lady that attempted to get my pass to work, went ahead and got me a 24 hour pass from a bus driver for free, that I used to go to the strip on the SDX. My bad fortune was that people told me to wait for the deuce but it does not run to the SST till Midnight. I wasted about 50 minutes waiting, as 3 SDX's went by. I used that gift pass to take the 201 the next morning to go to the Walgreens 1 stop past the Orleans. I was staying at the Excalibur. I don't know why it did not work. But she saw me trying and said it did not work.

Comment

Thanks. I thought the Deuce always went to the SSTT and I see now that it must just go up that far to cover the times when the SDX does not run. I may have mislead you in some of my advice and I apologize.
          The Walgreens beyond Orleans is a good tip as well.
          Sorry, you had a frustrating time. Thank for the info I'll pass on.

Comment

No problem Dewey. I have reaped the rewards from your advice many times. In fact my son and I enjoyed the Riviera comedy show again. I started doing this based on your review. A great ACG coupon. I actually got a bum steer at the SSt because people kept telling to wait at the bay for the Deuce I finally was told it doesn't start coming till Midnight. Thanks for all your help over the years.

Comment

Well, thanks for all this information. I was in contact with three people who were considering that 109 route, the pass at the SSTT and then a run down the strip. I've done it and taken the SDX and had trouble at Paris with exiting, so I was telling people to try the Deuce for that reason, no one boarding in the same door I'm using to exit with luggage.
              And now I'm warning them that the machine may not work.
              Personally,I usually start my trips with a downtown booking just to make the pass buying certain and I think I'll continue that or start up Boulder where residential 24 hour passes will work until I get downtown

Comment

I have a pass in my suitcase right now. I eventually took the SDX to the strip at the common stop and the Deuce came along pretty quick. My real problem was letting 3 SDX's go by. Have a great day. You know there is also that CX/WAX deal too. A bus labeled WAX stopped at the airport, I boarded and double checked and he said he was not going down Tropicana!? That is another confusing development. I forgot to mention that.

Comment

I am trying to find out how long it takes for the WAX going from Terminal 1 to Terminal 3 to get back to Terminal 1. Some think that if we board at Terminal 1, then we must wait for a driver break at Terminal 3 and actually perhaps miss another WAX leaving Terminal 3. I suspect that you saw a bus going from Terminal 1 to Terminal 3 and he discouraged you from taking it without really telling you to wait for the WAX going North.
                  The CX only stops at Terminal 3. If you wanted to end up on LV Blvd at Spring Mt. you could take the WAX from the airport going from Terminal 1 to Terminal 3, switch to the CX there, and go that way.

I usually go for about 20 plus days and I buy a 30 day pass. But I am not going to the strip much, so I thought I'd first head up to Boulder and do my traveling from there on 24 hour passes, then buy a 15 day pass for the rest of the trip downtown. I also don't need a pass but only need a dollar for my last day, Just enough to get me from Binions to the airport. So a 15 day pass would probably be enough to cover my trip and save me money. From Boulder even a ride to the strip is either free Sam's shuttle or residential 24 hour pass.

However, I want to use my time at Sam's Town to get a head start on a day trip to the Bird Sanctuary, VP a Skyline, and a visit to Sunset Station.

I'm also thinking of Arizona Charlies. I see their suites are as cheap as most rooms. No resort fees. Staying there I could build five days into the trip when I would not gamble much at all, increasing my bankroll for the Four Queens where I like to keep my daily average up.

Our nonstop Southwest drops me very early in Vegas, so waiting at a Flamingo and Maryland bus stop does not seem to be issue even with luggage. I think I could buy a 15 day pass at Albertson's and just not validate it until a few days later and have it run out the day before I leave.
                  Last edited by dewey089; 03-27-2014, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Sound like you have a good plan. I pick up a schedule on the bus that is titled CX/WAX and on the other side the New Route 120 Apache.
                    they have inserts showing the CX only stops at Terminal 3. The WAX at both 1 and 3 but the time schedule only shows the time for T3?
                    I am sure you have seen this on the internet site. Now going south to McCarran they show 10 minutes from the Tropicana stop to McCarran Terminal 3
                    Last edited by keno60; 03-28-2014, 08:45 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

Thanks Keno. I think I have the routes and times down on the new WAX except for that one question. How long does it take the same bus to get from Terminal 1 to Terminal 3 and back to Terminal 1 and during this time will one bus pass another. Lots of speculation and debate, but no real answer. The safest strategy is from Terminal 1, only board the North bound WAX. That way if the WAX driver takes a 1 minute break at Teminal 3, we won't be held up there.

Comment

Am I wrong in assuming when to go back to the airport WAX south it stop at Terminal 1 first?

Comment

right.
                          It goes to terminal 1, then to terminal 3.
                          Last edited by dewey089; 03-29-2014, 02:37 PM.

Comment

http://www.rtcsnv.com/wp-content/upl...0114_24x11.pdf

Note that in the fine print it says that trips are scheduled to arrive at T1 two to four minutes prior to arriving a T 3
                            And to depart terminal 1 four to six minutes after departing T3

What is unclear is how long the bus spends at Terminal 3.
                            Some suspect the Souh bound bus will stay there for a driver break or even be switched to the CX route and another bus will head out North

Assuming that we are domestic air travelers:
                            As long as we get off the Southbound bus at Termnal 1 to catch a flight
                            Or after a flight we get on the Northbound bus at Terminal 1,
                            we are in good shape.

But I'm curious as to how long it stays at Termnal 3 and if we can board at T1 going South with the idea of getting a better seat selection before the T3 people board. It seems you were discouraged from doing that.

Some layover at Terminal 3 is the only way, "I don't go to Topicana" makes sense.
                            Last edited by dewey089; 03-29-2014, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Thanks, Dewey

Comment

Working...
                              X