questions about slots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questions about slots

On a video slot machine with a bonus, the bonus is often triggered when three bonus symbols show up. I have noticed that on some, the third symbol falls into place, stays for an instant, and then disappears back upward. This makes me wonder what is going on. Have others seen this?

I have also noticed that on machines in a bonus where one has to pick a symbol on the screen, that sometimes when I touch my choice nothing happens. At other times I pick one and a different one reacts. Why does this happen?

Why is it that on some machines people who are betting more per line seem to get the bonus more often than those who are betting less?

Re: questions about slots

Originally posted by linaka View Post
    On a video slot machine with a bonus, the bonus is often triggered when three bonus symbols show up. I have noticed that on some, the third symbol falls into place, stays for an instant, and then disappears back upward. This makes me wonder what is going on. Have others seen this?

I have also noticed that on machines in a bonus where one has to pick a symbol on the screen, that sometimes when I touch my choice nothing happens. At other times I pick one and a different one reacts. Why does this happen?

Why is it that on some machines people who are betting more per line seem to get the bonus more often than those who are betting less?
    To answer your first part, I have to say that I have not seen that. I know some machine reels can change to different things, but I have not seen the symbol and "disappear" like you said.

The second part, I have had that issue as well. This would have nothing to do with what is under that symbol. It could be a part on the "touch screen" that does not work like it should. On these machines, looks at the buttons - sometimes there will be some flashing (a left, a middle and a right which correspond to the images on the screen).

As for better more or less, it's totally irrevelant. All spins are random, regardless of the denomination played.

Don't forget, there are a lot of links on this site to information on slot machines, how to play, what to play, etc...

Hope this helped.

Miller

Comment

Originally posted by linaka View Post

On your second question I believe the answer is that the touch-screen on the machine is not aligned correctly. The touch-screen surface has a grid of squares and sometimes the alignment is off which means that you touch one area, but it thinks you touched a different area. I would avoid playing on a machine like that. I usually don't play slots, but I have seen the same thing happen on a video poker machine. I would touch the Jacks or Better game icon and it would bring up Deuces Wild.

On your last question, the random number generator in a slot machine does not give you a different result based on the amount of coins you bet. Therefore, it doesn't matter if you bet more per line, it will not change the combination that is selected when you pres the spin button.

However, you should always make sure that you bet just enough to be eligible for the bonus rounds. The bonus round payoffs help to maximize the payback percentage on the machine.

Comment

In addition to what Miller77 and Steve mentioned, you can ask to have a slot tech “calibrate” the video slot screen (or video poker screen), so it reacts to exactly where you touch it.

I think it seems like others are getting more bonus games, but it is just random.

Comment

Working...
        X