• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• El Cortez and the new bar

Okay, I get it.
    The old frugal days are over.

http://weeklyseven.com/latest/2011/0...l-cortez-style

I'm not ready to pay $8 to drink anything.

And I hear no mention of the piano. Will it be gone as well?

Well, the poker room is still there. For a short while. Until old Jackie is upscaled as well.

Re: El Cortez and the new bar

Your link did not work for some reason - this one does:

Glamour, El Cortez Style | Vegas Seven

I also wonder about the demand for an $8 drink. On the plus side - the Martini Madness happy hour with 1/2 priced martinis between 5-7PM is still listed under promotions.
    Last edited by westie; 08-19-2011, 05:23 AM.

Comment

Re: El Cortez and the new bar

And I"ve since heard there will be a piano.
      I think I overreacted to a rather slanted review.
      I am hoping that as Fremont East goes young upscale there will still be frugal options and opportunities. Following EC on Facebook I have seen quite a few drinks specials announced that seem reasonable.
      Actually, I don't know why I'm worried. For now I drink exclusively by joining the poker game. I guess I see the shadow of change on the wall and worry it will affect everything.
      Also, I think the announcement on the go ahead on Linq this week has me a bit on edge. O'Shea's poker which is right in view of the strip and has frugal rules will be gone a a couple years. IP poker will certainly be changed.
      On the other hand, all this wishful thinking may be on the back burner again if we go into another recession.
      I should just wait and see.
      Thanks for the link revision.

Comment

Working...
      X