D Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D Update

It seems that the new $20 resort fee may be simply their way to shift the money paid to the resort fee so they don't have to pay 25% of it to the discounters and lower the advertised price enough to put them at the top of discounter low to high searches. Reports are that the prices have lowered. Also, some have just called with reservations made before the resort fee was implemented and the folks at the D were very helpful in figuring out whether the old booking with no fee or a new booking with the fee was the best deal.
    Gold Spike used to do that. I have scored $9 rooms there so the $9 resort fee still made it the best buy in downtown. If the D follows that pattern we don't have quite as much to be annoyed about.

One annoyance there is that the Keurig coffee in the room costs $2.50 a cup. So, plan to bring some from the store at more like 50 cents a cup. I just visited friends who have a keurig and have a small coffee filter (one piece) that they bought cheaply at Bed, Bath and Beyond NOTE IT IS NOT THIS ONEKeurig My K-CupĀ® They did not like this one. And it is too expensive. This is the one http://www.amazon.com/Melitta-E-Filt...lters+reusable
    Last edited by dewey089; 08-13-2013, 04:02 PM.

Re: D Update

Originally posted by dewey089 View Post
    It seems that the new $20 resort fee may be simply their way to shift the money paid to the resort fee so they don't have to pay 25% of it to the discounters and lower the advertised price enough to put them at the top of discounter low to high searches. Reports are that the prices have lowered. Also, some have just called with reservations made before the resort fee was implemented and the folks at the D were very helpful in figuring out whether the old booking with no fee or a new booking with the fee was the best deal.
    Gold Spike used to do that. I have scored $9 rooms there so the $9 resort fee still made it the best buy in downtown. If the D follows that pattern we don't have quite as much to be annoyed about.

One annoyance there is that the Keurig coffee in the room costs $2.50 a cup. So, plan to bring some from the store at more like 50 cents a cup. I just visited friends who have a keurig and have a small coffee filter (one piece) that they bought cheaply at Bed, Bath and Beyond NOTE IT IS NOT THIS ONEKeurig My K-CupĀ® They did not like this one. And it is too expensive. This is the one Melitta E-Filter, Reusable K-Cups for Keurig K-Cup Brewers, 5 Count: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food
    To be fair, I do still like the D, and its better now than when it was the Fitz. I don't hold it against Dennis for doing what he thinks is good for business. But the extra fees and charges (like the coffee) make it more difficult to shop and book, you have search more info and ask more questions at more places. I may not be the type of customer they are concerned about and I guess we all will have to get used to giving a little more effort to book rooms, everything changes.

Comment

Working...
    X